
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Brooklyn's Spotlight
This past week has been a busy one. Between trying to keep up with the laundry, cooking, cleaning, running errands, homework, etc., I had to create a spotlight poster of Brooklyn for her 3rd Grade class "Star Student of the Week" program. Below is the finished project. (If you click on it, it will get bigger for viewing purposes. The original is poster-size 22" x 28".) Brooklyn took it to school yesterday and shared it with her class. It is now hanging in her room on display for the remainder of the week. Her classmates loved the photos and think that she was a very cute baby. Makenna's spotlight doesn't come around until February. Her teacher must have decided to go backward with the alphabet (last names), which was probably good. If I had had to do two of these simultaneously, I would have gone crazy...they take days to create. Anyway, thought I'd share. I'll post more later, as it is very late. I will have a few more pics to upload then. Good-night to all!


Labels:
Brooklyn
,
digital creations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)




















The poster is amazing! Your kids are guaranteed artistic talent with you and Darrin as parents. What program did you make the poster in? Are you a digital scrapbooker? I want to start but am not sure which program to use. Hope to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email about this already, but for others who might have the same question...I use Photoshop CS for all my digital design needs. I haven't used it much for scrapping yet, but I have used it a lot for projects like Christmas cards, baby announcements, "We've Moved" cards, etc. I love it. I plan to scrapbook this way as soon as I can get my printed photos scrapped with all of my stock piled supplies. Maybe some day (when I have free time), I can get caught up and start digitally scrapbooking. For now, I just get it all out when I have projects like Brooklyn's poster to do. (I can't do anything the "normal way".)
ReplyDeleteWow! I love the poster. You are so talented. It is a memory gusher; the memeoris just start gushing in my mind. Tell Brooklyn that she is the most beutiful girl I know named Brooklyn.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandpa Hyte