Ugh! Where does the time go? I haven't been able to post to by blog very much lately. My May calendar is so-o-o-o full. I've been involved lately with the PTA meetings planning our upcoming Teacher Appreciation Week. Our school is doing it later than the national week because the principal doesn't want anything distracting the students and teachers from their end-of-year testing. Can you believe the school year is almost over? Anyway, I'm in charge of creating "umpteen" banners and signs to hang up all over the school, inside and out, showing our appreciation for all the teachers, aids, secretaries, lunch workers, bus drivers, cross-walk guards, other staff, etc. I feel "handicapped" trying to do these by hand. I'm used to creating all of my cards, signs, posters, displays, etc. digitally on the computer and then printing them off. But my access to an awesome large format printer is no more...therefore, I'm back to doing it all with paints and paintbrushes, markers, stickers, my own handwritten journaling (yuck)...like we used to do in the olden-days. (JK) I am truly out of my element and in the process of a "creator's block". I find myself just staring at the large, white, blank butcher paper rolled out on the floor with a glazed-over look. HELP! My creative juices are not flowing at the moment. Hopefully I will get some direction soon. Anyway, in the meantime, I still have to be a mom, a maid, a chauffer, a teacher, a chef, a nurse, etc. So, balance is going to be the key to a successful month of May.
I took the girls to see Beauty and the Beast last weekend. My brother's old stake/ward put on the production. They loved it. We were sitting right next to the orchestra. During the second half of the show, Dakota leaned over and asked me where the music was coming from. I pointed to "the pit".
"Right there," I said, "The instruments are right there."
"No, where is the sound coming from?" she asked again.
"The instruments are making the sound. They all right there," I told her. Dakota asked a little louder this time,
"But where is the music coming out!"
She couldn't understand that the live instruments were making all that beautiful music together. She hasn't been around long enough to realize how music is made before it comes out of the radio, the computer, or her iPod. Too funny! Anyway, I didn't have my camera, so I asked Uncle Dave to snap this one on his iPhone of my four little princesses with Belle.

Update on my sister Suzi: She is taking her law school finals this week. Then, she'll have several medical procedures in preparation of her stay at the Huntsman Cancer Institute (12 blood draws, chest x-ray, another bone marrow draw, CAT scans, PET scans, among others). She will be at the HCI for 3 weeks getting her bone marrow (stem cell) transplant, and then will spend an additional 2 weeks in close proximity to the hospital for further obseravation. She's a trooper and we're all rooting for her.
No comments :
Post a Comment