keylimer & kin

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ode to the "wipee"

Sundays, as usual, are crazy. I so wanted to get out the door and arrive at church on time, but "accidents" do happen. And, as usual, it always happens as you're walking out the door. Nothing a few "wipes" can't fix. I told hubby that if anyone asks what I do for a living, to tell them I'm a professional bum wiper. I've gotten pretty darn good at it. If I could get paid every time I wipe a bum...I'd be a rich mommy. (Alas, I'm "rich" in other ways). But, if it weren't for the "wipee", I don't know what I'd do. They are awesome! As my grandmother would say about anything nifty, "These are the neatest things since the paper bag." Ditto! I think I'll continue to have a package of wipes within arms' reach forever.

Anywhoooo, I'm in the process of "color-coding"
and attaching "symbols" to each of the chillins. Beezer's is a BLUE FLOWER (because her middle name is Rose - a flower). Macaroni is a YELLOW SUN (because she's my little "Rae" of sunshine). Doda's will be a RED HEART (because Dakota is a Native American word meaning friendship - which describes her to a tee.) And Oakley's will be a GREEN LEAF or TREE (I haven't decided...because her name's origin is "from the oak meadow".) Somehow, this is supposed to make my life easier, but it just might complicate it more. We'll give it a trial run.

Onto our other adventures. Macaroni learned to ride a two-wheeler this last week. Daddy worked with her for just a little while and off she went...and she's still going. The next day she was riding in the dirt around the house and over the hills and into the field behind us. YIKES! She's a dare-devil. Just a few days later, she was showboating on her wheeler and went over a jump...only she crossed over it and flew a few feet in the air. Her wheeler took a nose dive into the dirt. She kept holding on, dragging her legs along side it until she could stop it. After Daddy checked to see if she was o.k., he gave her a high-5. I told him not to encourage that. Luckily, she wasn't too hurt, just a little shaken up. Makenna only scraped her knees and scratched her hand and was fine. She was off and running and going over jumps again within a few minutes. (Meanwhile, Brooklyn...putt,putt...was slowly traveling over a hill or two a couple of times...my little "wimp".) She's definitely not as brave as her little sister.


Off to wipe another bum.......


...O.K. I'm back.

I'm going to try and post a few pics now. I'm a novice at this blog thing so if you don't see
any photos, it's because I haven't been successful. We'll see what happens. I need to find a way to post all the other fun shots I've gotten. I might just have to get myself to fork up $40 to get a membership with a photo sharing site that doesn't come with all the "extras" (ads and stuff). Anyway, until then...enjoy.


1 comment :

  1. So fun to read your blog. We love your girls!

    ReplyDelete